Welcome to Department of Mechanical Engineering
|Degree course offered||B.E. (Mechanical)|
|Course Duration||4 Years|
|Year of Establishment||2010|
|Approved by||AICTE, New Delhi|
|Affiliated to||Savitribai Phule Pune University|
Mechanical Engineering is a specialized and core branch which deals with Engineering Materials,Design, Machining Science, Manufacturing, CAD/CAM/CIM, Tool Design, Process Engineering & Tooling, Mechanics, Operation Research, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Costing, Entrepreneurship Development, and Modern Quality Management practices like TQM, BPR, Concurrent Eng., Lean Manufacturing,etc. This is a unique branch of engineering in which a balanced approach is given towards basic branch of engineering.
Candidates having a creative, innovative mind, sound technical knowledge, analytical skills, and possessing excellent leadership qualities will probably find Mechanical engineering as a challenging and lucrative career.
The main and the foremost objective of the department has been to inculcate quality educational environment, at the undergraduate levels in various areas with broad emphasis on design aspects of Mechanical engineering. The Department is flourishing with tremendous growth in academics and in other activities which provide platform for the students to built their confidence and explore their abilities .The department has an experienced and dedicated faculty with strong commitment to engineering education who work with enthusiasm to provide a excellent learning environment to the students in order to help them stand in today’s competitive environment. To pace with the current technological trends, the department is well designed to all advancements in existing and emerging technologies, which gives the students a holistic and pragmatic view of the present scenario of the Mechanical Engineering Industry.
Programmed Outcomes (POs):
- An ability to apply knowledge of computing, mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals appropriate to Mechanical Engineering.
- An ability to define the problems and provide solutions by designing and conducting experiments, interpreting and analyzing data.
- An ability to design a system, components or processes to meet desired needs within realistic constraints.
- An ability to investigate, formulate, analyze and provide appropriate solutions today engineering problems.
- An ability to use current techniques, skills, and modern tools necessary for engineering practices.
- An ability to analyze the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations, and society.
- An ability to design a system, sustainable to social and environmental issues.
- An ability to understand and practice professional ethics, legal and social issues.
- An ability to function effectively as an individual or as a team member, to accomplish goals.
- An ability to communicate effectively at different levels.
- An ability to keep abreast with contemporary technologies through Lifelong Learning.
An ability to understand engineering, managerial and financial aspects necessary for professional practices.