CIVIL ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT
|Degree course offered||B.E. (Civil)|
|Course Duration||4 Years|
|Year of Establishment||2010|
|Approved by||AICTE, New Delhi|
|Affiliated to||Savitribai Phule Pune University|
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (POs)
The outcomes of Civil Engineering programme are:
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, sciences and engineering fundamentals to solve complex problems of Civil Engineering.
- Identify, formulate, research literature and analyses complex problems pertaining to Civil Engineering.
- Design solutions for complex Civil Engineering problems to meet the needs of the society with respect to sustainable development considerations.
- Design research experiments for acquisition/ generation, analysis and interpretation of data for Civil Engineering problems.
- Apply advanced tools, techniques and latest software’s to solve complex Civil Engineering problems.
- Shoulder responsibilities in context to societal, health, safety, legal & cultural issues consequent to Civil Engineering practices.
- Understand impact of infrastructure solutions on societal and environmental aspects in context of sustainable development.
- Apply ethical principles in Civil Engineering practices and professional responsibilities.
- Work independently or in a team as a member/ leader in multidisciplinary tasks.
- Communicate effectively and presentation with Civil Engineering professionals and society at large.
- Demonstrate knowledge of management principles and engineering techniques for effective project management.
- Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change
- The department is one of the pioneering departments, since the commencement of the college in 2010. Over the years, the department has progressed at a rapid pace with the development in both the spheres of infrastructure facilities and faculty members. The department has highly qualified faculty members engaged in teaching and research with the aim of achieving excellence in various fields. The faculty members are specialized in different disciplines of Civil Engineering.
- The department has 10 well equipped laboratories attached to different divisions for conducting teaching, research and consultancy activities. The different facilities available in the laboratories are described in the respective pages.
- The graduates coming out from the Institute are well prepared with knowledge and technical information, refined with professional touch, are capable of undertaking the Civil Engineering jobs to meet the challenges of the 21st Century.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
Graduates of Civil engineering will:
- Have successful career in civil engineering field or in their chosen field.
- Pursue life-long learning including higher education and research.
- Serve society with professional ethics and integrity.